Monday, March 10, 2008

Arnel Pineda and the New Journey

I have recently heard of the legendary band "Journey" and their acquisition of a new lead vocalist. The news only struck me when they said that their new member was a filipino. At first I was skeptical and said, "you got to be kidding me, a filipino took over the place of Steve Perry?". But the lead guitarist Neal Schon told the story of how desperate they were in finding a new vocalist and they tried their luck in looking online thru Youtube. So I plugged myself online and searched the web and I found this guy, Arnel Pineda. I watched his uploaded videos together with his local band the "Zoo" in Youtube, they did covers of Journey, and when he sang "Open Arms", I was amazed how his voice sounded like Steve's. Sounds too good to be true but check this video from their live concert in Chile last February 2008 with Arnel.


You can check out their website here.

0 comments: